it has been quite a month for me and i am so very excited to be sharing with you here today that I am now a part of the Mixed Media Monthly team!!!!
and with that I am here today to post my first project for Mixed Media Monthly!! (https://mixedmediamc NULL.blogspot NULL.ca/2017/06/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-38 NULL.html)
As you will know, each month means a new challenge at Mixed Media Monthly (http://mixedmediamc NULL.blogspot NULL.com/ NULL. NULL. NULL./mixed-media-monthly NULL. NULL. NULL.), and this month our theme is “Altered Embellishments!
for my first challenge with this team i was lucky enough to jump in using chipboard from UmWowStudio.
(https://2 NULL.bp NULL.blogspot NULL.com/-C7YEt98VJ5c/WVY1vjwUDgI/AAAAAAAAMIU/1q-FLkl2aMEonilPve74_Q52wbsVffkDQCLcBGAs/s1600/mixedmedia38umwow NULL.jpg)
UmWowStudio (https://umwowstudio NULL.com/)is an innovative – on trend – chipboard manufacturer located in Las Vegas, NV. Partnering with other companies & now amazing designers (this months design was created by our very talented Lynne Forsythe (http://lynneforsythe NULL.blogspot NULL.com/)) their line is always expanding. The chipboard is extra thick with a beautiful rich kraft finish ready for any medium.
okay before we go any further, here is the graphic for this month and if you decide to play in our challenge, remember to add it to your post if you want to be in with a chance to win our sponsor’s prize! You can read all about it HERE (https://mixedmediamc NULL.blogspot NULL.ca/2017/07/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-38 NULL.html#comment-form).
so for my project i had been planning on creating a positive affirmation sign in the entry way for when students/customers come and visit the studio so this was the perfect opportunity to create it using chipboard bits!!
so i started with a base that I had created using paper leather, a TCW stencil, some crackle paste and some Emerald Creek embossing powder.
I then cut out a couple of flower pedals using the Eileen Hull Romance Flower die from Kunin felt and some canvas, added a bit of colour and a bit of fabric stiffener, smooshed and then wrapped them in cling wrap to sit for the night
i am a self proclaimed hoarder of all things shiny but i thought it was time to use my little salvaged doll so off she went into a baggie with some alcohol in in red pepper
and then for the last step, after placing everything where i thought i wanted it on my framed panel to which i had added some patina effects, it was time to tackle my chipboard pieces.
so i played them down, dabbed some embossing ink on them and then sprinkled them with my all time favourite (well one of them anyway) embossing powders and then heat set them.. LOVE how these turned out and how they could be used and not having to worry about warping!!
and then using a bit of hot glue placed all bits together and here you have it..my completed project for the Mixed Media Monthly Design team!
thanks for stopping by !!! now how about sharing what you can do with some altered embellishments!! join us over at MMM challenge post (https://mixedmediamc NULL.blogspot NULL.com/2017/07/mixed-media-monthly-challenge-38 NULL.html), check out the rules, and share share share!!!
- unWowStudio chipboard pieces (http://umwowstudio NULL.com/)
- Sizzix Leather paper (http://www NULL.sizzix NULL.com/paperleather)
- TCW631 Doodle bloom stencil (http://_wp_link_placeholder)
- Emerald Creek burnt copper leaves embossing powder (http://www NULL.emeraldcreek NULL.org/Burnt-Copper-Leaves-Embossing-Powder-p/apc-bcl NULL.htm)
- Eileen Hull Romance flower Die (http://www NULL.sizzix NULL.com/661110/sizzix-bigz-die-flower-romance)
- Kunin Felt (http://kuningroup NULL.com/)
- Idea-ology framed panel (https://www NULL.simonsaysstamp NULL.com/product/Tim-Holtz-Idea-ology-FRAMED-PANEL-Structures-TH93283-TH93283RI?currency=USD), adjustable easle (https://www NULL.simonsaysstamp NULL.com/product/Tim-Holtz-Idea-ology-ADJUSTABLE-EASEL-Structures-TH93285-TH93285RI?currency=USD)and salvaged doll (https://www NULL.simonsaysstamp NULL.com/product/Tim-Holtz-Idea-ology-2015-SALVAGED-DOLLS-TH93196-TH93196)
- Prima Patina Effects (https://www NULL.simonsaysstamp NULL.com/product/Prima-Marketing-PATINA-EFFECT-PASTE-Art-Extravagance-964351-964351PR)