today i am here to quickly share with you a project i created using the newly released Journal die by Eileen Hull featuring her very own paper release!
I had created this quick project back in April but just found out I hadn’t clicked publish!!!
When you are looking for a quick an easy way to document that special memory/trip, look no further than for Eileen’s Journal Die and her paper pack. It is such a simple way for one of all ages to put together that special book. There are lots of places to document in writing as well as for adding pictures or drawings…you can even colour some of her papers so perfect for adding your own special touches
i was so involved in creating and just adding pages that i didn’t stop to take very many pictures but here are the step outs in case you want to create your own!
- Die cut two journal pieces from the Paper Leather
- Select two sheets of the paper with the camper on front and trim down and glue on one to fit onto front of the journal cover. With the second sheet, cut out the camper and flag and pop dot over the first camper
- Cut 10 sheets of cards stocks 10 inches x 8 inches and score in the middle using a bone folder
- Cut various piece of Heartfelt paper into 4 3/4 by 7 3/4 keeping the left over bits.
- Apply using glue stick to different sections of your folded cardstock
- Glue your two journal bits together overlapping the first creases
- Using the cover of the paper pack, trim out 2 sections of 5 squares high and two squares wide and score 1/4 of an inch to each side of the centre on both. this will give you a 1/2 inch centre for your book.
- Place double side tape onto inside of each side of your 5 square sections (4 strips total)
- Remove the double side tape from strip that will be on your back cover, place ribbon and then press to the back cover.
- Place an elastic around your journal pages and then around your journal covers and then remove the double sided tape and attach to your front cover the 5 square section.
- Trim ribbon and tie together for a closure