on whether to fence in the yard, to build a deck, to buy a pool or to buy a hot tub. We just received a quote back on building a measly little deck.. well the deck he quoted the price on was 12X10.. we wanted a 12X26 built.. his price for the small deck.. oh only something like SEVENTY FIVE HUNDRED!!! i so wanted to ask him if he was on crack. and the dude who is preparing a quote to fence in our property wants something like $6800 just for his labour!!! Definitely on Crack!!!! well they are father and son after all. i think that there time definitely is worth something don’t get me wrong but it would take me months to make enough just for labour for his weeks worth of work. i think i am going to tackle building a deck for a hot tub. i know i can do it and if i need assistance surely my brother can come over and give me a hand.. i will pay him!!!
well i think our dilemna is finally over. we have been trying to decide on whether to get a pool or not. well getting a pool is a must.. we really want one and i blame it all on one particular person!!
anyway here, right in the city and with nosey neighbours as well as hellians in the neighbourhood we don’t dare not get a permit and in order to get a permit for a pool we have to have a 5 plus foot fence and we only have a four foot!!!
so then we thought okay we will just get a deck but in order to get the deck we have to have someone build it and that won’t happen for weeks and the before we know it summer will be over.
and we do have two weeks book at chez mom’s in souris which is always a nice treat
so what have we decided? as of this moment we have decided we are going to do our own privacy fence but not til after our run in October and before ski season starts!!
am i disappointed that we aren’t going to have a pool for this season… yup most definitely but i am a big girl and i can handle it.. besides we have always wanted a privacy fence and i kind of am excited that we are doing it ourselves.
unless of course any of you out there know someone who can build a cute deck cheap!!!
so today we were asked to blog ten games we liked playing as a child. Well i don’t really recall that many right off the top of my head so let’s just see how far i can get.
1. Hearts .. do i remember how to play.. nope but i remember we played it a lot!!
2. chess. once again i don’t remember how to play and i never really learned how to play well anyway.
3. scrabble… hated it!!!! still do
4. backgammon.. love this game
5. RISK – it was a boys game as far as i am concerened. i didn’t like it. i am not much of a strategist
6. Monopoly – i remember it taking way to long to plya
7. Canasta – at least i think that is what it was called. a card game my mom LOVED to play
8. Teacher – I loved playing teacher and cause i was the oldest girl i got to be principal too!!!
9. Pente – this is the only game/toy i have from being a kid. it is strategic too i guess but i love it
10. Outside – i loved playing outside. my siblings and i would be outside for hours during the day. we would set up house and make lunches and run and play and get filthy dirty. We for the most part got along and would leave after breakfast sometime and not get back til dinner time just running through the woods or playing switch or hide and seek. a few good memories
Today marks the 22nd anniversary of my losing my mom. She was a remarkable person.. perfect no.. but remarkable. I miss her dearly each and every day. she is the reason that i have raised my son to be a tad spoiled.. okay a lot spoiled. She taught me that it is important to let children be children and not force them to grow up too soon because one day they have no choice, they will have to pay bills and worry about jobs etc.
So for all you out there who still have your moms .. call them today
for all of you out there who have your moms and you aren’t talking to them for what ever reason.. call them today
and for all of you out there who have lost your moms …. call them today. i am sure they are listening. I am calling mine now…..
a forum friend had posted this idea that we list 10 of something oh Tuesdays. I had THE WORST day ever at work that i have ever had BUT i am going to take this opportunity to list 10 things that i love and am appreciative of in no particular order
(http://2 NULL.bp NULL.blogspot NULL.com/_sw_b8WqAb7o/TD0HMpdcE9I/AAAAAAAAAFs/-s5idnTCQP4/s1600/IMG_3080 NULL.JPG)
1. that i have the ability to walk and run. my life is so very full because i am able and i do do both
2. i am grateful that i have had all those in my life, good and bad, as if it weren’t for them i would be who i am today
3. i am glad i recognize just how wonderful i am. others may not always appreciate me but i need to remember to appreciate myself because that is what counts the most
4. that i had my a.ha moment when i did cause if not for that moment then i wouldn’t have been aware enough to have my heart and eyes opened to when my wonderful wife appeared.
(http://3 NULL.bp NULL.blogspot NULL.com/_sw_b8WqAb7o/TD0IHyR4bTI/AAAAAAAAAF0/j6Rs-arjSuI/s1600/MY+MOM+AND+DAD NULL.jpg)
5. my parents and how lucky i was that i had a stay at home mom and a dad who taught me such good work ethics. if not for that then i don’t believe that i would have had the ability to raise my son to be the wonderful person that he is.6. that i have a good job though somedays, like today, i wonder if it is something that i need to be doing the rest of my life BUT regardless i do have a job therefore i have the money to do what i want, within limits of course. (http://3 NULL.bp NULL.blogspot NULL.com/_sw_b8WqAb7o/TD0I0oql2HI/AAAAAAAAAF8/zQ8OTXOVPE0/s1600/IMG_2286 NULL.JPG)
7. my gardens and all that is involved with them even the stupid bugs but we need them, apparently to feed the birds and bats who are needed to feed the wild cats and what else eats birds and bats??? anyway you know what i mean
8. of all those who chose to give of their time and money when able to help out others.. these are very important people and we should never take them for granted
9. being diagnosed with celiac. it has been a journey but i am so much better because of it. i want a long and healthy life
(http://3 NULL.bp NULL.blogspot NULL.com/_sw_b8WqAb7o/TD0JyTUKbzI/AAAAAAAAAGE/sa8vRyrzVew/s1600/IMG_2977 NULL.JPG)
10. and my discovery of scrapbooking. it is one of the best stress relievers i have ever experienced. it comes from the beautiful lines of paper, the wonderful excuse to get dirty and love it, the ability to bring back memories and smells and has introduced me to a wonderful new set of friends(the layout above of my parents with the hearts is a direct lift from one of the ladies on our forum.. annik..thank you). and it has allowed me to show off each moment in my sons life and let’s him know just how lucky and proud i feel to have him as my son.